Welcome back to the iMSPirational Podcast! In Episode 5, Karl Palachuk stopped by to discuss the importance of empowering your team through standard operating procedures to cultivate your brand.
Karl is an author, speaker, and small business owner. He has been a featured speaker at conferences and seminars over the last ten years, and is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree from Gonzaga University and a Master’s Degree from The University of Michigan. Karl has served on partner advisory councils and product development groups for several large (“Fortune 10”) corporations. He is also the founder of the Sacramento SMB IT Professionals organization and an active leader in the IT Professional groups worldwide.
Karl has recently released a new version of his book, Managed Services in a Month – check it out on Amazon! Additionally, you can hear more of Karl’s insights on his podcast, the SMB Community Podcast.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, questions and comments on this episode in our comments section below, as well as any future suggestions for topics you’d like to hear about, or guests you’d like to hear from!
- First step of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), (3:50)
- SOP’s and Branding (4:30)
- Ultimate example of SOP’s (6:20)
- Standardizing complex business models (8:00)
- If you sell everything, you can’t be good at most of it (9:42)
- Most common problem to standardizing our brand (12:07)
- Identifying biggest pain points for yourself and your customers (13:35)
- Pain point feedback (17:00)
- “It’s always your fault” (19:18)
- Employee time tracking (20:15)
- “It’ll never be done, it will never be finished and it will never be perfect” (26:55)
Intro music is the track “All In” by Michael Ruscio; supplied by FRESH Music Library. Check out their great music selection at freshmusic.com.