Welcome back to the iMSPirational Podcast! In Episode 6, we discuss the value of creating an experience to find and retain high performing employees with Jill Silman Chapman.
Jill is a Senior Performance Consultant with Insperity Traditional Employment Solutions. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from The University of Texas at Austin, a Master’s degree in HR Management from Tarleton State University, SPHR and SHRM-SCP certifications, and has more years’ experience in the HR and recruiting industry than she’s willing to admit.
A textbook baby boomer, Jill started her career when big hair, popped collars, and shoulder pads were all the rage. Though a Swatch watch is no longer part of her work attire, she still enjoys working with staff across the generational divide – from traditionalists to millennials. Jill is passionate about connecting people and opportunities, and often shares her insights, ideas, and stories in order to serve the talent industry and help businesses find the best talent with the latest in recruitment strategy, talent attraction methods, and technology.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, questions, and comments on this episode in our comments section below, as well as any future suggestions for topics you’d like to hear about, or guests you’d like to hear from!
- Creating a “Candidate Experience” (2:58)
- Viewing your employment brand like your marketing brand to attract talent (5:29)
- Creating an employee experience by showing the unique value of your company to potential talent (6:32)
- Building a recruiting infrastructure to attract and retain talent (11:12)
- The value of being transparent about your company’s culture for potential talent (13:27)
- Creating the feeling of exclusivity in your hiring process (15:56)
- Best practices for hiring: “Do and Don’ts” (19:13)
- Why your on-boarding process is critical to employee retention (26:19)
“Intro music is the track “All In” by Michael Ruscio; supplied by FRESH Music Library. Check out their great music selection at freshmusic.com.”